Entry CriteriaWe expect good and accurate use of spoken and written English.
What academic qualifications are needed?
- GCSE English Language Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) is essential
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) is essential
- If you want to teach primary age children, GCSE Science Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) is essential
- You will need to have the GCSE qualifications or equivalents before you apply.
- If you do not have the above GCSE's and would like to take a GCSE equivalence test contact Hillingdon SCITT. Please note that any equivalence test taken with Hillingdon SCITT will only be accepted for entry onto Hillingdon SCITT courses and not for entry onto courses for other providers.
- For Secondary trainees, 3 A Levels at good grades (C+) would be desirable, but not essential.
- For all training routes offered by the Hillingdon SCITT an undergraduate degree is essential.
- It is desirable for applicants who wish to teach Secondary school subjects to have at least 50% of their degree in the subject they wish to teach. However if this is not the case Hillingdon SCITT will recommend that you undertake a Subject Knowledge Enhancement Course.
What if my qualifications were not gained in the UK?
If your qualifications (GCSE & Undergraduate Degree) were not gained in the UK, you will need to get the relevant qualifications converted by NARIC to check for the UK equivalency.
Please note that it is your responsibility to prove that your qualifications are equivalent. Upon receipt of your application Hillingdon SCITT will contact you for you to provide us with this information.
- Is school experience required?
For all School Direct Salaried applicants it is recommended that you have a minimum of 3 years work experience (this does not have to have been in an educational setting).
Although school experience is not a requirement to get onto an ITT course, we do however strongly recommend that you gain some school experience so that you fully understand the role of a teacher.